A knight so stupid he might just win.
A prisoner haunted by ghosts, or are they shadows?
A demon investigating an angel’s death.
Action, art and mystery all feature in my fantasy short story collection, By Sword, Stave or Stylus, out today as an ebook today via Amazon and Smashwords.
The stories in this collection:
- Live By the Sword – art and magic combine in a fantasy version of the Roman arena.
- Leprosaria – a knight and his chronicler uncover strange goings on in a leper hospital.
- Long Nights in Languedoc – something monstrous pursues an English army through medieval France.
- The Essence of a Man – the magical power of art is tested under siege.
- Shadows, Stones and Hungry Ghosts – a prisoner faces a haunting interrogation.
- The Wizard’s Stairs – a young man, an angry wizard and a test of love.
- Striking Black Silence – a ninja becomes the shadows on a deadly mission.
- The Edge of the World – a lowly gutter dweller carries a vital message across a strange rooftop world.
- The Hunter in the Stacks – a scholar takes up his spear and goes hunting knowledge.
- The Suspicions of Shadowvalt – a demonic whodunnit.
- The Faces of the Fallen – Detective Shadowvalt returns to investigate a murder in Hell.
- The Magpie Dance – a group of morris dancers are more than they seem.
- One Minute of Beauty – art, revolution, absinthe and a visionary moment.
It’s an eclectic selection of stories, and one I’m proud of. So if you’re looking for some reading why not go pick up a copy from Amazon or Smashwords. It’s only 99c for the first two weeks of release, after which I’ll be putting up the price to a princely $2.99.
And later in the week, once I’ve stopped reeling from the excitement/nerves of hitting the magic ‘publish’ button, I’ll discuss some of the stories in more detail.