A knight so stupid he might just win.
A prisoner haunted by ghosts, or are they shadows?
A demon investigating an angel’s death.
The stories in this collection:
- Live By the Sword – art and magic combine in a fantasy version of the Roman arena.
- Leprosaria – a knight and his chronicler uncover strange goings on in a leper hospital.
- Long Nights in Languedoc – something monstrous pursues an English army through medieval France.
- The Essence of a Man – the magical power of art is tested under siege.
- Shadows, Stones and Hungry Ghosts – a prisoner faces a haunting interrogation.
- The Wizard’s Stairs – a young man, an angry wizard and a test of love.
- Striking Black Silence – a ninja becomes the shadows on a deadly mission.
- The Edge of the World – a lowly gutter dweller carries a vital message across a strange rooftop world.
- The Hunter in the Stacks – a scholar takes up his spear and goes hunting knowledge.
- The Suspicions of Shadowvalt – a demonic whodunnit.
- The Faces of the Fallen – Detective Shadowvalt returns to investigate a murder in Hell.
- The Magpie Dance – a group of morris dancers are more than they seem.
- One Minute of Beauty – art, revolution, absinthe and a visionary moment.
It’s an eclectic selection of stories, and one I’m proud of. So if you’re looking for some reading why not go pick up a copy from Amazon or Smashwords. It’s only 99c for the first two weeks of release, after which I’ll be putting up the price to a princely $2.99.
And later in the week, once I’ve stopped reeling from the excitement/nerves of hitting the magic ‘publish’ button, I’ll discuss some of the stories in more detail.